Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fine Tuning for 7/19

Lawrence Public Library 9:30 - 2:30, stagger lunch
Confirmed - Rex, Angie, Alison

Activities:
Insects - Angie's bringing the insect display materials from KU; NEED LIVE SPECIMENS

Forbs - Alison will bring odds and ends, for sure black-eyed susans, queen anne's lace, bergamont, compass plant, & misc blooms as I come across them

Grasses - Alison will bring odds and ends - timothy, big & little blue stem, brome, kentucky grass, maybe oats, maybe love grass, spartina, & whatever else ends up in the bucket

Insect Mechanics (art) - Sue's bringing some things, I've got some odds & ends, the library's got some stuff as well; NEED SCOTCH TAPE

Dragonfly Story Tree - this was the weakest section last time mostly because we never had enough people to make up an audience.... however, I think I want to keep it in the mix because kids seemed to enjoy having a chance to look at books while sitting on a quilt under a shade tree.

Insect Vision - we need a better way to rope off the area & a better way to demark the pollen trays

1 comment:

KVHA said...

From: rex powell [mailto:meteoritehugger@msn.com] Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:43 PM
To: alison@streamlink.org Subject: RE: GHF Education Update 7.10.08

Alison, I can and plan to help you with each of the events except on Aug 2...that is my niece Cicily's wedding.

Peace, Rex Powell Burton's Hollow

Awesome! Thank you, Rex. –Alison